While choices of materials, chemicals, and components can improve CMP outcomes, it is also necessary to measure process parameters including particle size, flow rate, and chemical concentrations. Measurements in the lab inform design, while online monitoring at the fab provides real-time feedback that makes it easier to maintain process stability and keep yield high.
In advanced node CMP applications, automating the monitoring process can help prevent costly yield excursions. Advanced particle count and size analyzers provide high resolution and accuracy in CMP slurries and other suspensions.
- Installed downstream from filters, our AccuSizer® SPOS system provides data to inform real-time decisions that will optimize the CMP delivery process.
- The Nicomp® N3000 DLS online system can be integrated into many nanoparticle processes, providing real-time particle size distributions.
To achieve high product yield, process control is needed to help ensure proper slurry blending ratios and to check whether the fluid handling system is allowing sufficient flow.
Our portfolio of process measurement solutions is specifically designed for use in high-purity, harsh chemical environments. Our electronic flowmeters allow users to obtain greater control of process variables and leading-edge pressure transducers measure line pressure accurately and reliably.
- Our InVue electronic flowmeter, model NT4400 simultaneously measure flow rate and outlet pressure throughout the system, allowing for greater control of process variables.
- Our flow-through NT pressure transducer, model 4210 combines the latest electronic sensing technology with high-purity materials to provide accurate and reliable line pressure measurement that allows for greater control of CMP process variables.
Chemical Concentration Monitors
- SemiChem Advanced Process Monitor (APM) is a wet chemical monitoring system that automatically samples, analyzes, and reports quantitative chemical concentration of critical processes, helping to increase product yields.
In-Line Process Monitoring
- The InVue GV148 concentration monitor serves as a pre-check or early warning system to verify whether the slurry still meets specifications and unwanted variability has not been introduced throughout its use.